At the centre of your personal brand are you and your heart. If your heart is not in what you are doing or things don’t seem to be flowing then clearly something is not quite right.
The not quite right bit is that YOU are not connected at a heart and soul level to your brand. Your brand is after all, your authentic, really, bloody brilliant self. It is still that small child that went out to play without boundaries, who explored and ate worms – or is that just me?
Worms aside, getting to the heart of your brand can be tough. Some of the best ways that I know are to use visualization and creativity techniques. These will work depending on the kind of person you are and how open you are to trying new ways to explore you. So remember to adapt anything to suit you and have some fun.
Have a pen and paper ready to write down what you ‘see’. Clearly read this through a few times to understand what to do – or record it so that you can guide yourself through the steps.
- Get into a comfortable place
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths
- Imagine a large heart in the sky
- Colour or decorate it in any way you fancy
- Imagine coming from the heart centre are words that describe you
- As they emerge from the centre let them fly into the heart in the sky
- When you feel that you are ready to stop, check in with your physical heart by placing a hand on it
- Breathe in your brilliance and connect your heart to your visualized heart and your brilliant words
- Grab a pen and paper. Draw a heart
- Sit quietly and process, when you are ready write down what comes up for you
- Scribble your heart brand words down and then reflect on them
Only you will know how this exercise resonates with you and the meaning of the experience. It is important that you do not judge, merely accept and then leave and reflect.
What I love about this is the words that appear as if by magic which can then be transformed into a personal brand statement or used in your copy.
Once you have reflected do the following:-
- Write a personal brand statement or call to action phrases
- Re look at your copy and amend as needed
If you would like to share, you know where to find me.