Lockdown and 2022 came and went, and I think, like many people, this period has changed me – has it changed you? It has made me reflect and do a massive declutter. And I mean massive. I’ve given loads of clothes to charity, had lots of work done on my house and got rid of yukky things. My new log burner is magnificent, and the feeling I get being warmed by that is one to treasure.
2022 saw me burned out and needing also to declutter people. This saddened me, but sometimes you have to put boundaries around people who think they can be abusive towards you. Strange friends if you ask me.
But most importantly, it got me thinking about how I find purpose and meaning, and I started to think of my dreams and heart desires.
Did you know that I want to write a novel? Maybe or maybe not. When I was in my last relationship, many years ago, everything I wanted was rubbished, and I felt myself being destroyed. But the dream of a novel never left me.
When planning for 2023, I thought about when I first came to Spain and how I’d discovered something, and six weeks later, myself and the dogs were in this run-down old house. I fell to pieces, but in order to find some semblance of sanity, I started something I call 101 days of being me.
Every day, I created an affirmation and prompt and made a video. Years later, I looked back at those videos, and I did not recognise the wreck of a woman trying to make sense of her life. I did destroy them all – it was heartbreaking. But the truth was 101 days helped me to rebirth myself.
We do that every once in a while, don’t we? Rise like a Phoenix from the ashes.
The mythical Phoenix is a creature that is said to be reborn from its own ashes after it dies. It is a symbol of renewal, resurrection, and rebirth. The idea of rising from the ashes like a Phoenix is often used as a metaphor for overcoming adversity and emerging stronger than before. It suggests that after a difficult or trying experience, one has the opportunity to rebuild, start anew, and create something even better. The Phoenix is a symbol of hope and the belief that even in the darkest of times, it is possible to rise up and make a fresh start.
I feel like that Phoenix again, and I am ready to rebirth myself. Though I am not sure what the new me will be wearing – that’s a mystery even to me – at this point!
In this recent period of deep reflection, I knew that the time had come to write that book. My mum has been nagging me for years. But I have some old wounds and limiting beliefs still kicking my ass! But there is a part of me that has said to feel the fear and do it anyway.
So I took good action. I stopped writing non-fiction for others. Now I offer planning services – still valuable – but no more writing books for others. And I have invested in a 12-month female fiction program.
Get me, facing my fears and manifesting my dreams!
Are you ready to manifest magic?
While this new me is motoring ahead, I have noticed that many people still dream of creating a life of purpose and meaning, where they listen to their hearts and manifest magic but think they can’t for some reason. I get it…
It’s like they are frozen at the crossroads of their life, wondering how to jump out of their comfort zone and into the field of possibilities.
They believe it’s too late, that they are too old for that specific dream, or they don’t have the skills to reach for what they want.
But the truth is it’s never too late to follow your dreams and claim your hearts desires.
My mum is an amazing example of someone who thought she couldn’t write and who has now written seven books. She amazes me.
Want to manifest your heart’s desire?
Here are 7 points for you to mull over – let me know what resonates. Grab your journal and explore…
- Your identity is not set in stone. Many of the things you believe about who you are and want to become have quite possibly come from others’ opinions that have been projected onto you. Is it time to stop living the life that other people think is right for you? What if you decided to stand in your power and speak your truth?
- Some dreams and heart’s desires simply seem too big to achieve. If that is the reason you think it’s too late, try breaking the dream down into small steps or stages. I’m laughing at myself on this one. Who me, write a novel…? List the steps and keep them simple.
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined.Henry David Thoreau
- There are many people of all ages going after their heart’s desires. Many have faced decades of disappointment and unfulfilled lives. They discovered later in life that they have the resilience, experience, and self-knowledge to pursue their purpose. Think Louise Hay or JK Rowling… Age is not a barrier. Start today and go after what you want.
- Let go of regrets. As you get older, you don’t want to be filled with regret because you didn’t try to do the things you loved or attempt to obtain what you longed to do in life. Remember Bronnie Ware and the regrets of the dying? It’s powerful stuff. I, for one, don’t want to leave without a) writing that first novel and b) inspiring you to find purpose and meaning in your life. Look at your book of regrets and pick one thing that you want to let go of. Then start your next adventure today.
- Being remembered well. Following your dreams and heart desires influence the mark you leave on the world and how you will be remembered. We cannot force legacy on others, but how we live our lives will shape how we are remembered. How do you want to be remembered?
- Just take one step. Any aligned step you take towards your dream and heart’s desire gets you closer to success. Many believe it’s too late to follow their dreams because they would be taking a step backwards. In reality, the past is a place of reference and right now is the best time to become and be. What is your next aligned step to being able to manifest your heart’s desire?
- Ask for support. Other people will help and encourage you on your journey if you let them know that this is your way forward. Look out for those people who will support you as you become the best version of yourself. And I am sure you will make new friends along the way. Who is on your A-team?
All you need to remember is that you are never too old to go towards your heart’s desires and manifest the magic you deserve and desire. All you have to do is decide what you want and take action to go after it.
It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.Henry David Thoreau
Come and join me on an 101 days adventure and discover what you want and who you want to become.