Journaling Prompts For Lovely April
Well hello April and another new month to whet your appetite with journaling prompts, affirmations and setting your intentions.
As I look out of my window I can see that the darkness and rain has given way to the sun. The wet road is drying and the birds are singing. I love to hear them as I am working – always hopeful.
Just recently it has rained almost non stop. Which is wonderful for Mother Earth and while I feel deep appreciation, I’d also welcome some warmth on my bones. It is also a message to remember to hydrate yourself.
I looked back in my diary and one year ago I was away with my mum for Mother’s Day and the year before I had an appointment with my cranial osteopath. That was the year that I discovered who I was and how my body could heal if I gave her the right ingredients.
This year, I wonder what I’ll be recording in my lockdown journal when I head to bed this evening. You have started one – right?
It’s day 18 and we one of the countries hardest hit by the Coronavirus. I can only imagine how people are feeling. My emotions have been up and day and yet I feel so lucky to have the furry ones to keep me entertained and busy. Only this morning Ferdy vomited all over the floor…
What do we know about April?
April is the fourth month and I learn that it is named after the Greek goddess Aphrodite (Venus – Romans), and that the Latin name is Aprilis or Aperit which means to open. Being open is perfect for our intention setting and creating affirmations as you will see.
Astrologically we have both Aries (fire) and Taurus (earth) signs with birthdays this month. Happy birthday if April is your month. We will be moving from passion to becoming more grounded.
And as for Aphrodite (Venus) – the goddess of love, beauty, pleasure, passion and procreation.
With all of this going on we have plenty of ideas for intentions, affirmations and journaling prompts for April.
Setting Intentions for April
Thinking of the OPEN theme, what kind of intentions could you set?
Setting an intention means that you are now OPEN to receiving something. When you think of what you want, know that this intention will help to fuel it. This is where you can start to manifest magic.
You intention could be to remain focused on an element of your business that will inspire and support others right now. It could be that your intention is to win new clients. Or it could be that you want more connection time (online) with friends and family.
Write your intentions in your journal on the page where you are going to write you I am OPEN to affirmations.
Say your intention out loud and send it to the Universe. Remember to practice gratitude and say thanks as the things you most desire turn up.
Gratitude is a vital part of setting intentions. You cannot just want and want, you really need to appreciate all that you have and all that you get.
And don’t forget to take action.
- I am open to all of the abundance that the Universe has to offer me
- I am open to the guidance of my heart
- I am open to the perspective of others
- I am open to increasing my experience of the beauty of Mother Earth
- I am open to asking for help and receiving wisdom
Your turn. Remember to write these in your journal and around you hand mandala on your new month intentions page.
Keep saying your affirmations and record in your journal what magic turns up for you.
Journaling prompts for April
Journaling prompts to get you through the month:
- Describe what love means to you?
- How do you know when you are in love?
- What makes you feel loved?
- What 5 acts of kindness will you do this month?
- What does kindness mean to you, and what has it taught you?
- What was the kindest thing you have done for someone? Write about how this made you feel!
- Taking care of the Earth is important to me because
- You are the guardian of the Earth, how will you save her?
- What are three ways that you can grounded yourself and why are these important to you?
- What was your childhood dream and why? What happened to your dream?
- When do you feel most alive?
- Think about the things you love doing. Focus on one thing. How can you experience more of that?
To get more out of your journaling grab a book and join The Journaling Club
Grab a journal on Amazon (there are several that are also available on Kindle)
Join The Journaling Club – where you will get a monthly journaling book (PDF) and exercises to keep you motivated.
And finally remember to appreciate the rain because April showers bring May’s flowers