Nourishing November has arrived and it’s hard to believe that the year has whizzed by so quickly. And what a year!
A year that no one was expecting. And one which has caused so much upset for many.
My heart has cried so many times at the stories I have heard and read, I’m not quite sure how 2020 will be presented in the history books. I guess we will just have to wait and see…
What I have done is what I always do and that is to look at how I can support myself – mind, body and soul.
I nourish myself through what I eat and the supplements I take. My journey with this began in earnest when my spine fractured. What this showed me was that nourishment wasn’t just food, that I also needed to live a nourishing life and to that end self-care is certainly at the top of my agenda.
Being outside with the dogs and walking four times a day is great for my mental health, helping me to stay grounded and of course the deliciousness of fresh air.
What do we know about November?
So many things happen in November starting with All Souls or All Saints day on the first. Where I live it is a national holiday and when the departed are honoured. It is a day of prayer and remembrance.
What else happens in November? Bonfire Night on the 5th. World kindness day on the 13th. Black Friday is on the 24th. Thanksgiving on the 26th.
There are two awareness weeks – one for alcohol and one for sugar. It’s not my place to say what you can drink and eat, but two things that are not so great when abused and certainly not very nourishing. Though I confess I do quite like healthy cake and a tot of Baileys in my hot chocolate.
November brings in
November is the eleventh month, and a month for me that signals that my birthday is not too far away in December. I’m saddened that I will be unable to travel and be with friends as planned, but I shall find a way to celebrate. I am sure my two dogs will have something planned for me… Yeah, right!
The star sign for November is Scorpio. It is said that Scorpio people are passionate, sensual and assertive with a sting in their tale. I have Scorpio rising and have often been told to read the astrology for Scorpio rather than Sagittarius. Apparently, we are not to be trifled with.
November is a month for nourishing your inner warrior
Your November mission is to bring more nourishment to your life. You can do that by:
- Getting outside and getting some fresh air
- Take some time to be with yourself
- Eat nourishing foods
- Laugh with friends
- Sing and dance
Journaling prompts for November
- Describe what nourishment means to you?
- How do you know when you feeling nourished?
- What can you do to nurture the relationships in your life?
- Spell out NOURISH and make each letter form a random word. Then write a short reflective piece including these words
- Write a letter to your body. What do you want to tell your body about how you will nourish him/her?
- Write a letter from your body to yourself. What does your body have to tell you?
- Write a list of things that you appreciate about yourself – this will certainly nourish your heart and soul
- How will I feel at the end of November when I have achieved all I desire for this month?