August is the eighth month of the year and is named after Augustus Caesar. But did you know that august is also an adjective which means inspiring reverence or admiration; of supreme dignity or grandeur; majestic?
How could you bring more inspiration and august into your life?
I am constantly inspired by other people who help to bring calm into my world. Right now this feels like a crazy world where I am not really sure of what is going on.
This weekend I spent Saturday morning engaging with my inner child, who I will admit sulked at the rubbish piece of non-art she created. I hated what I painted, but loved the techniques that I learned. Next week I’ll learn more about art and me. I wonder what will come up then…
Inside of me is a frustrated artist and sometime in school, I lost my ability to draw and paint. I created a belief that said I cannot do this. Which seems now quite daft.
When I look back I can see one event. My drawing of a piggie was on full display and I was embarrassed that anyone would ‘see’ me. Which as an adult I understand quite clearly how this would impact me all of these years later.
I choose right now to allow all of this to bubble up to be ‘dealt’ with. I will as ever naturally be journaling (see prompts later) and challenging myself to letting go and during August being inspired by art.
These things will ground, inspire me and will ultimately bring me calm.
As my August opened with a full moon and Lions Gate Portal it certainly pushed my buttons and opened my eyes to a lot of unresolved issues, I’d like to remember my August as a month that I overcame some of my challenges.
I am reminding myself that I can turn cant’s into cans…
This month’s birth signs are Leo and Virgo. Leo is fire and Virgo is Earth. Leos’ tend to be passionate adventurers and Virgos are grounded, practical and organised. Like me, I am sure that we could all do with a bit of both of these signs qualities.
How do we become both the passionate adventurer and grounded in our environment and use these qualities to deal with some of our challenges?
Interestingly when I looked at August themes according to Holiday Insights I knew that I had found some of my answers.
August weeks are themed as follows:-
- Week 1 National Simplify your Life Week
- Week 2 National Smile Week
- Week 3 Friendship Week
- Week 4 Be Kind to Humankind Week
Which sound delightful and just what we need right now. My invitation is to reflect on the previous seven months and ask yourself how can you create a life that includes simplicity, smiling, friendship and kindness?
If nothing feels that great, reframe and look at your life’s events with a different eye. Witness your growth. There is always something to be thankful for. There is always learning, a challenge and a gift.
August intentions for me, will be to connect with my inner wisdom and kind heart and think about what I want to manifest and create, not just for me, but for the world. What are your August intentions?
Three hearts meditation
Which brings me nicely onto a lovely meditation to do before you set your intentions and dive into your August journaling prompts.
Writing prompts to kickstart your August #1
Let’s kick August off with these writing 30 prompts. Writing prompts are a great way to think about where you are and where you would like to go.
Simplicity journaling prompts
- How can you bring simplicity into your life?
- How can you bring simplicity to the start of your day?
- What’s most important to you? What do you value most? What 2-3 things do you most want to do in your life? Focus on these.
- When you think of simplifying, what do you need to forgive or let go of this month so that you make space for new opportunities?
- How do you spend your day? What things do you do, from the time you wake up to the time you go to sleep? Make a list and focus on what’s important. Redesign your day.
- Learn to say no. What can you say no to today? And what will you say yes to?
- Spell SIMPLICITY. What 2-3 things could you do that will bring peace and simplicity to your life?
To get the rest of the months journaling prompts, grab this Love To Journal, journal.
How to make the most of your August writing prompts
- This is not a race against time, savour each question and take your time
- Get into the right writing space
- Have a go at colouring in your mandalas (in the journal) even if you have never tried it. It will open up your creative side…
- Either print out your journal and scribble in that or print just the prompts and
- Write in a beautiful journal with your favourite pen for all other observations and explorations
- Pick the prompt that most resonates and use that, go with your intuition
- Allow whatever wants to be written come up
- Leave and reflect, let your soul whisper to you
That’s it, August is also the month for reflection on being your best self. Write often, enjoy the month and remember to spoil you every day.
If you’d love more of this writing stuff, grab a Love To Journal journal and connect even further with your heart.
101 days of being me
Subscribe to get your quotes and journaling prompts