Write into July – writing prompts to start the month
July is always a special month for me. There are three family birthdays. Today my mum is 80, my dad would have been 81 on the 5th and I am sure he is lurking somewhere sharing our fun. Then there is my brother’s birthday on the 24th.
On Saturday evening I walked mum up to a local restaurant for her and I to share her birthday. Unbeknownst to her my brother was waiting at the table. It was very funny watching her face change from confusion to delight. These are moments to be treasured.
It’s month seven (of course it is…) and as we fall into the latter half of the year a time (for me) of reflection, but also a time of stirring. I can feel a desire to move forward again after stagnation. It wasn’t really stagnation, it was more moving inwards and being still while I healed my body and let my soul speak to me of desires, wishes and dreams.
I invite you to reflect on the last six months with seven wonderful things that have happened to you. If nothing feels that great reframe and look at your life’s events with a different eye. Witness your growth. There is always something to be thankful for.
Let’s kick July off with these writing prompts. Writing prompts are a great way to think about where you are and where you would like to go. Do you have a planner? Or do you perhaps set intentions for the month?
Julys intentions will put some reflection into your writing. Reflection always allows me to find something new as I make space for whatever needs to, rise up.
Writing prompts to kickstart your July #1
July is the 7th month and brings in the power of seven.
- One – read through the five points on the infographic
- Two – reflect before you write
- Three – create a journal for reflecion or you can use this one
- Four – take action, use this five-day planner to help you.
- Five – write every day – even if it’s a bullet point
- Six – reflect often
- Seven – review the month and decide what next before you head into April
This month the theme is REFLECT. What do you need to reflect on? Whatever it is, ask with an intention which resonates with you. For me, my focus this month is beginning to reflect on how far I have come in my healing this year.
Writing prompts to start the month #2
- Stop for a moment and reflect on your last six months – what do you learn about your personal growth?
- Choose seven elements of your life and write about how you can put some fresh life into them by reflecting on each
- Write a love letter to your body, and reflect on what it wants you to know
- Make yourself seven promises?
- How can you nurture your promises?
- What is your favourite thing to do on a cloudless summer day?
- What does your heart want for you going forward?
- Write to your swirling mind – reflect on what she/he says?
- If you could write a book, what stops you? Reflect on all of your ‘excuses’.
How to make the most of your July writing prompts
- This is not a race against time, savour each question and take your time
- Get into the right writing space
- Write in a beautiful journal
- Pick the one that most resonates and write that first
- Allow whatever wants to be written come up
- Leave and reflect, let your soul whisper to you
That’s it, July is the month for reflection and joy. Write often, enjoy the month and remember to spoil you every day.
If you’d love more of this writing stuff, if you have things you want to get out of you, find your writers voice and maybe even write a book, connect with me.
Grab your Personal Stories e-book
Have you thought about sharing your personal story?
Discover your personal story. Start to connect with your tribe on an emotional level.